Tuesday 7 October 2014

Its Not All Peaches & Cream

Denim Shirt- Faded Glory/ Scuba Leggings- Topshop/ Sneakers- Nike AirMax( sold at Nike stores)/ Watch- Michael Kors

I have come to the realisation that there are many people that have preconceived notions about Fashion Blogging. Let me be the first to tell you that Its Not All Peaches & Cream. I have only been blogging for a couple of months and even though it hasn't been that long, I have experienced my full share of crappy situations. Some people may think that all fashion blogging is, is looking pretty and taking pictures- but that is only a small portion of it. Let me give you an overview of typical experiences that fashion bloggers go through.

Most of it is actually sitting behind a computer, cracking your brain over ways to produce the most intriguing and wonderfully written content and top quality pictures. There's also the hassle of trying to find a committed photographer ( that being maybe your mom, your best friend, your boyfriend or all of the above) because not all of us can afford a professional photographer or have a friend that is a photographer that is willing to take your pictures for free. Unforeseen circumstances arise, such as when your boyfriend has something come up on the morning of your shoot and cannot get out of it, and your best friend being M.I.A. These, my friends, are situations many bloggers find themselves experiencing frequently and there is nothing we can do about it at that time.

Then there's the HTML Coding Horrors. Before I started blogging, I was unaware of the fact that so much work goes into designing your blog the way you want it to look. I literally sit for hours on end trying to add a feature to my blog via HTML Coding and sometimes feeling so defeated but never giving up. There are few things as satisfying as the feeling of victory that washes over you when you succeed, its a wonderful feeling accomplishing a task that you thought you could not accomplish. I have a new found respect for fashion bloggers and those that do it so damn well and make it look so effortless. 

The reason I chose to highlight these points are not to rant and complain, because even though it gets difficult at times, I love every moment of it. I just want to shine some truth over the common stereotypes against fashion blogging and to tell you guys that it really isn't easy. Fashion blogging ( and blogging in general) is time consuming, requires endless dedication and patience, and feels like a full time job. As I mentioned earlier,  I haven't been blogging for that long so I know there are more of these minor hardships that await me but I am so ready for them. Blogging has literally been one of the best decisions I have ever made for my life and I am so eager and excited to grow in this sphere and reach new heights.

The Look

I have never been a sneaker kinda girl, like ever, but as of late I have been loving the sneaker trend. Now that I have found ways and style inspiration on how to style sneakers, I am all for them now. You don't have to have the tomboy sense of style to wear sneakers, they look just as good with a pretty dress or a mini skirt. They add a sense of edginess to a typical girly look. This oversized denim shirt is my FAVOURITE shirt,and.... Its also my dads LOL. I went from sneaking into his closet, wearing the shirt when he was not around and putting it back as if it was always there, to permanently keeping it in my wardrobe. I doubt he even realises its his shirt, which is all the better for me *wink*

If you have or had your own ideas on what fashion blogging entailed, I would love to hear them. Also, if you are a fashion blogger and would like to share some of your experiences, I would love to hear from you too :-) 

                                                             XX
                                                              K











Follow my blog with Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. A lot really goes into producing all these lovely pics,big ups to all the fashion bloggers out there:) You'd never say all the behind the scenes stress ends with a finishing product so worth showing off..LOL I salute you!!! What I'd like to know is,how you go about choosing your locations to shoot at and are there any challenges thereof?.. As a HUGE sneaker head,I'm loving this look,have a pair of those kicks myself.Looking forward to your next post,you're gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When in traveling daily i always just look around for locations, sometimes i think of a place that would be perfect but sometimes when i get there, it just duznt work and duznt look good on camera. Sometimes the lighting is so bad and lighting is soooo important to us fashion bloggers. There's always challenges, when u think a certain location HAS to work, n it duznt, u just have to make it work. The last 4 or 4 shoots I did were all shot in the same location, but its not so obvious because i shoot from different angles everytime. So i do have a gee locations that i absolutely love so i tend to use those locations over and over until im sick of them and then go on the look out for new locations lol... IM so into sneakers now so u will def see them often on the blog

      Thank you for ur wonderful comment, i love that u are so interested and ask questions,thus creating a dialogue.. Love that. Chat soon Hun xx 😊

      Delete
  2. Such a hot look and a lovely blog too. Yes people often underestimate the amount of work that goes into our blogs. We are afterall our own editors, creative directors, PR, Marketing etc. But it truly is worth all the effort!
    Hope you are well hun?

    Those jeans fit you so perfectly. Love the contrast too, it is definitely required to elevate the look of typical denim on denim from too "farmer's market" to chic.

    XoXo One Stiletto At a Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right??? So true... I have literally been blogging for 7months and its been a worldwind,but iv loved every moment of it... How long have u been blogging? And what has been one of ur highlights? Thank you so much for ur kind words... Xx 😊

      Delete

If anyone has any other questions or requests for future How To posts, you can either ask them in the comments or email me. Please don't feel shy at all!




I'm certainly not an expert, but I'll try my hardest to explain what I do know and research what I don't know