Thursday 22 January 2015

All White Ensemble

Linen Two Piece- Woolworths/ Shoes- Topshop/ Watch- Michael Kors/ Arm Accessories- Mr Price & Lovisa

Happy New Year to you all! This is my first official post for 2015 and I am so excited for the year ahead. 2014 was such a rollercoaster ride for me- filled with extreme highs and extreme lows. I have learnt a great deal about myself, and I want to continue to grow into the young woman I want to become. This is the time where most of us are ‘Goal obsessed’, jotting down short and long term goals, To Do Lists etc and even though doing those things are exceptionally good we can easily get sucked into the process of writing things down, without actually getting them done. We can get so caught up in the planning stage of our lives that we don’t dedicate adequate time to actually accomplish those things we set out to do. We need to hold ourselves accountable for our plans and dreams for the future. Not just merely writing down what you want to do, but actually figuring out HOW you are going to get it done.

I am at a place where I have so many ideas and long lists of things I need to do which are scrambling wildly inside my head, that I don’t even know where to start and it has actually resulted in me feeling overwhelmed, while not really getting much done. I have become the ‘I don’t have time to do that’ person. While immersed in my thoughts I constantly find myself explaining how I don’t have time to do this, to do that, I will do it when I have time. I have come to the realization that I am actually not going to get any more time than what I am getting now, so I need to stop making excuses and get to work.

I have always had an issue with ‘balance’- I cannot focus on too many things at the same time, which has not served me well at all. I put the word balance in inverted commas because is there actually such a thing? Can you really distribute your time and efforts evenly across all spheres of your life? I personally do not think so, when you put focus and energy into one thing, something else gets neglected. You just have to figure out which things are worth neglecting. I prefer to use the word ‘Juggle’; it just sounds more realistic and human to me. So, this year I am planning to juggle elements of my life better and to prioritize my time properly.

You cannot just want to accomplish certain tasks; you have to BELIEVE that you can accomplish them. Keep your eye on the prize, have a crystal clear vision of what you want to accomplish and do everything in your power to accomplish it. I never for one second doubt that I cannot accomplish my dreams. You can achieve anything you put your mind to; you just need to believe in yourself- wholeheartedly.

About This Look

I am sure by now you are probably sick of hearing about how I totally love white, but I cannot help it; I have been completely obsessed with it of late. I am finally discovering (and then rediscovering) what my true sense of style is, it is such an exciting transition. Right now, I am all for Clean, Simple and Sophistication. I just completed my degree which means I will be entering into the corporate world; it is such a scary thought because I don’t feel ready. Anyway, my style is centred around the fact that I am entering into a new stage in my life which has me wanting to be more sophisticated, but still keeping my edge.

What are some of your goals, short and long term, which you have set for yourself? I would love to hear them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If anyone has any other questions or requests for future How To posts, you can either ask them in the comments or email me. Please don't feel shy at all!




I'm certainly not an expert, but I'll try my hardest to explain what I do know and research what I don't know