Friday 6 February 2015

Sexy Much?

Bra Crop- Topshop/Pencil Skirt- Anisa Mpungwe for Mr Price/Heels- YDE

Today’s post is somewhat different for me. I decided to do more of a sexy flirty look. I must admit though, it’s not really my style. I am more of an oversized-comfortable-not too tight kind of girl when it comes to clothing; I hardly gravitate towards body hugging silhouettes. However, for this look post I just wanted to look and feel sexy. I think my decision may have to do with the fact that I have recently started gym because I was not feeling good about myself at all. I was at my biggest I have ever been and just felt uncomfortable in my own skin. Although I am nowhere near my goal, I felt the need to stop beating myself up so much (atleast for now) and just embrace my extra curves.

Okay, I know most of you might think that I am absolutely crazy, because I am fairly slim, right? I constantly get the “are you insane? There is nothing wrong with your body” talks. There might be nothing “wrong” with my body, but I am the one who is unhappy with it. There is this notion that if you are not what society deems as overweight, you have no right to complain/be unhappy about your body, that’s total bull if you ask me. I overheard someone say “ I don’t get why skinny people go to gym”- so is gym only for people who want to lose weight? Fact remains that I am not comfortable in my skin and I want to make a change so I can feel better about myself. (Rant over)

Anyway, I am always so fatigued and have trouble sleeping, I decided gym in the mornings would be good for me and boy was I right. I immediately see a significant improvement in my sleeping patterns and my energy levels throughout the day have increased. I am really proud of myself for finally taking the plunge and joining the gym, I have been like a broken record about this for years and my friends can attest to that LOL. 2015 is all about doing those things I said I was going to do,but never really got around to doing it and I am glad I am off to a tremendous start.

What item of clothing makes you feel absolutely sexy? Id love to hear from you :)

2 comments:

  1. Totally love the title of this blog post lol, It's so nice to see you showing off another side of yourself in your posts. I absolutely adore your bra crop, I plan on getting myself one once the Christmas kilos are off(hides), and as always your outfit is on point:) For me, a great pair of perfectly fitted jeans, is just oh so sexy because they're really versatile. Can't wait for the next post:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chanel :) I have been trying to find ways to get out of my comfort zone and pull looks together that I wouldn't usually do, fashion is about risk taking! im so happy u loved this post xx

    ReplyDelete

If anyone has any other questions or requests for future How To posts, you can either ask them in the comments or email me. Please don't feel shy at all!




I'm certainly not an expert, but I'll try my hardest to explain what I do know and research what I don't know