Sunday 8 March 2015

Shirt- Mr Price/Three quarters- Thrift buy/Shoes- Cotton On/ Bag- Gift from the UK

It’s been a while, I must say. I am still battling with finding time to get these posts out there to you guys. Seeing as I’m free on weekends, I have dedicated them to shooting for the blog and dealing with any part of admin that comes with it, so please do bear with me. Also, I’m starting a great project with a close friend, so do keep on the lookout for that.

I have never believed in limiting oneself. Why should you only close one career path? Why should you be only great at one thing? Why should it be either or, and not both? You can do anything you want to do in life. I remember when I was younger and my family would ask me what I want to do when I’m older, I couldn’t make up my mind on one thing. I would mention like more than 5 things and I was told that I don’t know what I want to do because I want to do too many things. As I grew older, I embraced not wanting to stick to one thing. I have so many passions in life, and even if I don’t succeed in all of them, just following my passion would be enough. I rather do something and realize I’m not that good at it, than being afraid of taking that leap and live the rest of my life wondering. I don’t want to live like that.

About The Look

When it comes to clothing, comfort is the most important thing to me. No matter how amazing a piece of clothing is, if it’s not comfortable I will not wear it. Because, if you not comfortable then you will not be confident, and if you not confident in that ensemble then what’s the point? I love simple silhouettes and styles, so I have to really rely on confidence to give my simple look that “Wow” factor.

I purchased these oversized three quarter trousers while out thrifting and you could not believe my excitement. I am not big on shopping, I must admit. I don’t enjoy going to the mall, simply because I can never find what I want and I find myself just settling for what’s accessible. It’s just so uninspiring to me, and BORING! Now thrifting is totally different, going to thrift stores makes me feel like such a big kid. Digging through heaps of clothing, as if you digging for treasure, is just so thrilling. This might sound gross to some of you, but there’s something special about purchasing second hand clothing. That piece of clothing has been through journey’s that you could only imagine, that item may have been loved, hated or just unappreciated. The fact that it was worn by someone else just adds character to the item, it makes it special. ( I’m probably sounding so loopy right now lol) It has become my new hobby, my very own treasure hunt- I Love It!

What is your take on second hand clothing? I would love to hear your views.

Until Next Time Loves

Kendra

No comments:

Post a Comment

If anyone has any other questions or requests for future How To posts, you can either ask them in the comments or email me. Please don't feel shy at all!




I'm certainly not an expert, but I'll try my hardest to explain what I do know and research what I don't know