Monday 5 May 2014

Tropical Chic

This particular shoot is quite special, all because of the fact that this look was literally chosen two minutes before I was scheduled to do my OOTD shoot. I originally had another look scheduled, but for some odd reason, there were complications with my blouse. Whilst looking for an alternative blouse, it was like a light bulb went off in my head and suddenly this look miraculously appeared in my mind. I have never worn this outfit nor have I ever thought of pairing these items together. I guess my fashion complication was a blessing in disguise.

I seriously need to revamp my accessory box as it is filled with mostly gold toned and black accessories. Dont get me wrong, black and gold pieces are a MUST,especially for us that love to wear black. However,its always good to switch things up. Although black and gold accessories are my go-to-pieces, I have decided to branch off from  my comfort zone and have fun with a bit of colour. The Lovisa store is usually my first option for costume jewellery, but I just could not resist the 50% off sale at Zuri (formally known as Sass Diva) and this necklace caught my eye. Even though this necklace is an item I wouldn't usually wear, it was so stunning and I just had to have it.

I am so pleased with the overall look of this shoot, the outfit goes perfectly with the tropical forest feel of this location. What do you guys think of this look? Don't hesitate to drop me a comment below :-) 


XOXO

Kendra

                                                                     Crop Top- Topshop

                                                                     Pants- Queenspark

                                                                    Strappy heels- Payless

                                                                   Necklace- Zuri

                                                                   Earrings- Mr Price

                                                                   Lipstick- "Talk That Talk" ( Rihanna for MAC)

1 comment:

If anyone has any other questions or requests for future How To posts, you can either ask them in the comments or email me. Please don't feel shy at all!




I'm certainly not an expert, but I'll try my hardest to explain what I do know and research what I don't know