Monday 26 May 2014

Winter Look.... Kind Of.

Word on the street is that its Winter, Well...I beg to differ. The only thing I love about Winter is that I get to layer my clothes, I absolutely love dressing up in winter. So many options, so many things you can get away with. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be as cold as it ought to be. I am quite positive that Durban has lost the plot when it comes to Winter weather. I am not complaining though, i find it quite easy waking up in the mornings.

Seeing as we are not getting much "winter like" weather, I decided to do more of a suttle winter look. A coat such as the one I have on is ideal for those soon-to-come nippy late afternoons/evenings. I took this coat (by force) from my boyfriend and sadly he isn't getting it back. I am such a sucker for the Masculine Chic trend, there is nothing sexier than looking like you are wearing an item straight from your boyfriend's closet (provided that its put together the right way).

I decided to throw on a pair of silver loafers just to add a bit of character to the overall look. I have been spotting loafers in quite a lot of editorial shoots in major magazines, they should be most definitely a staple, mainly because of their versatility and ability to make an outfit look so much more cooler. Shoe designers like Steve Madden have taken the trend to a whole new level, from golden snakes skins to studded edginess. How could you not love this trend?

                                                                                       


                                                                          Top- Cotton On


                                                                          Ankle Grazers- Cotton On


                                                                          Coat- Markhams


                                                                          Loafers- Lacoste

XOXO
Kendra

No comments:

Post a Comment

If anyone has any other questions or requests for future How To posts, you can either ask them in the comments or email me. Please don't feel shy at all!




I'm certainly not an expert, but I'll try my hardest to explain what I do know and research what I don't know